Entrance Gate to Martin's Cove Site

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jul 22
Wonders of all wonders; the internet is accessable tonight. After a great potluck dinner today, and my poppyseed cakes receiving accolades, we had an evening of Broadway show tunes sung by Dean Lorimer, accompanied by his wife. It was a great evening, the kind of music that is kind to the ears and mind. At one time, to give Dean a break, the audience sang Do Re Me from "Sound of Music". I will be singing "If I were a Rich Man" most of the night.
Lightening has struck and the prairie south east of us is on fire. The strong winds do not help at all to control the blaze. The highlands of Wyoming get very little moisture, the clouds come over us, but will not let lose of precious sprinkles.
Bernice and I were Ephraim Hanks and Thisbe for the Declo 1st ward Friday evening. While the ward was sitting around the propane fireplace they asked their bishop if he would perform the Shoshone raindance. He did and within a few minutes some sprinkles fell, not enough to make any difference. While we were performing our skit he did the raindance again and this time we got wet enough to cool us off.
On the way home tonight from the homestead we stopped to watch a rattlesnake by the side of our road. It had seven nice buttons and it went off through the sagebrush to find supper. I did not have my snake stick in the car and didn't want to just pick it up by the middle. Good choice.
Wow, the rain just started and I am on my bicycle with my Sunday clothes.  I will have to wait this out.  Every little bit of rain that falls here is well worth and extra wash for a white shirt and slacks.  We found out that Wyoming is the capitol of music with La-Re-Me being just east of here by three hours.
Talk to you all soon. JAG

No comments:

Post a Comment